Masons Hydro Window Flashing Tape
Hydro Flashing Tape is a self adhesive flashing tape to seal around windows, doors, and other joinery openings as a secondary defense against water penetration
- It’s suitable for timber and steel framed buildings
- Has been tested and passed by CodeMark
- For a risk score between 0-20 in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1
- Passed NZS3604 Building Wind Zones up to and including ‘Extra High’ .
Hydro™ Flashing Tape- Advantages
- Compatible with all building wraps
- Simple 4 step installation, save time reducing costs
- 1 mm thick adhesive layer
- Reliable and dependable weather tightness
- Low temperature adhesion
- Can be applied as low as 5°C
- Corner Guard is easy to install and increases protection to framing
Scope of Use / Applications
Windows/Door/Timber & Steel Frame Flashings Masons Hydro Flashing Tape and Masons Corner Guard must be installed in accordance with these instructions.
- Ensure the Hydro Tape completely covers the joinery opening.
- To ensure maximum adhesion of the tape, make sure the substrate surface is clean, dry and free from any dust or other contaminants. Flaps are folded into the opening and secured.
- The building wrap is installed as shown to the exterior face of the frame. At window and door openings it is cut on a 45˚ angle away from each corner, then the flaps are folded into the opening and secured.
- Hydro Flashing Tape must not be stretched. When joining 2 sections of tape, overlap by 100mm or more.