Masons 40 Below Flashing Tape Platinum
40 Below™ Platinum Flashing Tape is a premium, self-adhesive, flashing tape to seal around windows, doors, and other joinery openings as a secondary defence against water. Masons 40 Below Platinum is compatible with all building wraps and has an advanced poly-acrylic adhesive for an aggressive and dependable performance in temperatures from -10˚C to 40˚C.It has a distinctive silver aluminium facer, with excellent water resistance and a UV resistance of 180 days. This tape is super ultra-thin and pliable, so there is no build-up in corners. Masons 40 below Platinum is certified by CodeMark and complies with the New Zealand Building Code.
- Silver facer for excellent water resistance
- UV resistant for 180 days
- Aggressive poly acrylic adhesive for superb adhesion in all conditions.
- Ultra-thin and pliable, so no build-up in corners
- Nail and screw sealability to AAM-711.13
- For a risk score between 0-20 in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 - PASS
B2 Durability, E2 External Moisture, and F2 Hazardous Materials. Reliable adhesion -10˚C to +40˚C
NZS3604 Building Wind Zones up to and including ‘Extra High’ AS/NZS 4201.4:1994
- Tested to ASTM D3330 for adhesion and AAMA-711.5.21 for nail and screw sealability.
- Silver foil facer.
- Works in temperatures from -10°C up to 40°C.
- Compatible with all building wraps.
- Compatible with most building sealants – check suitability with sealant manufactures. Alternatively, do a patch test before use.
- UV resistance for up to 180 days
- Layers on sill for nail and screw sealability: 2
- Codemark certified.
Scope of Use / Applications
Windows/Door/Timber & Steel Frame Flashings
Masons 40 Below™ Platinum Flashing Tape and Masons Corner Guards must be installed in accordance with the installation instructions downloadable from this page. Please also note:
- Ensure the 40 Below™ Tape completely covers the joinery opening.
- To ensure maximum adhesion of the tape, make sure the substrate surface is clean, dry, and free from any dust or other contaminants. Flaps are folded into the opening and secured.
- The building wrap is installed as shown to the exterior face of the frame. A window and door openings are cut at a 45˚ angle away from each corner, then the flaps are folded into the opening and secured.
- 40 Below™ Platinum Flashing Tape must not be stretched. When joining 2 sections of tape, overlap by 100mm or more.
- Compatible with most building sealants, check suitability with sealant manufactures. Alternatively, do a patch test before use.
RIGID AIR BARRIERS – 40 Below™ is tested and approved for sealing the joints on Rigid Barriers. Tested and approved for use with BGC Durrabarrier and OS’BraceRAP.