Masons 40 Below Flashing Tape Standard
40 Below™ Flashing Tape is a self-adhesive flashing tape to seal around windows, doors, and other joinery openings as a secondary defence against water penetration.
This classic, white facer tape has excellent adhesion in a wide range of conditions. It is great value for money and with a no-nonsense performance record, earns the trust of the professionals. 40 Below is compatible with most wraps and sealants so eliminates issues on site.
- Incredible adhesion in all conditions.
- Simple 4 step installation. Save time reducing costs.
- Reliable and dependable weather tightness.
- An Optional Corner Guard is easy to install and increases protection to framing.
- RIGID AIR BARRIERS – 40Below is tested and approved for sealing the joints on Rigid Barriers. Tested and approved for use by BGC Durabarrier and OS’BraceRAP.
NB. Masons 40 Below Flashing Tape and Masons Corner Guards must be installed in accordance with the installation instructions found in our Document Downloads button.
New Zealand Building Code Standard (NZBC)
- For a risk score between 0-20 in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1.
- Passed NZS3604 Building Wind Zones up to and including ‘Extra High’.
- Passes nail sealability to ASTM 1970-01 section 7.9.
- New smooth white facer tape also passes screw sealability to AAMA 711-13.
- Suitable as a single layer application over a timber frame
- Extremely thin only 0.2mm, allows for easier fitting of windows and doors.
- Works in temperatures from -40°C up to 65°C.
- Compatible with most building wraps.
- Compatible with most building sealants – check suitability with sealant manufactures. Alternatively, do a patch test before use.
Scope of Use / Applications
Windows/Door/Timber & Steel Frame Flashings
- Masons 40 Below™ Flashing Tape and Masons Corner Guards must be installed in accordance with these instructions. Ensure the 40 Below™ Tape completely covers the joinery opening.
- To ensure maximum adhesion of the tape, make sure the substrate surface is clean, dry, and free from any dust or other contaminants. Flaps are folded into the opening and secured.
- The building wrap is installed as shown to the exterior face of the frame. A window and door openings are cut at a 45˚ angle away from each corner, then the flaps are folded into the opening and secured.
- 40 Below™ Flashing Tape must not be stretched. When joining 2 sections of tape, overlap by 100mm or more.
- Compatible with most building sealants, check suitability with sealant manufactures. Alternatively, do a patch test before use.